This is a mountain bike course, so you are required to bring a mountain bike with gears serviced to handle fire trails and off-road activities. Tyres will need to be sturdy enough to manage this terrain. Pack your food, snacks and lunch for the day. Prepare for the equivalent of a Day Hike with pack (saddle bag if fitted) and include the following items specific to a Mountain Bike trip: -
First aid kit
Tyre repair kit/spare tube.
Suppose you intend to attempt the completion of Stage 4 Mountain Biking. In that case, it is recommended that you refer to and meet all the equipment requirements of Stage 4 on the Terrain checklist and discuss this with Unit Council before attending the event.
1. Bike familiarisation and First Aid refresher.
2. Bike preparation in pairs, chain check.
3. changing tyres in the forest with another scout.
4. Tyre inflation. Form into groups as needed.
5. Herb and Barbaras Trail. Occasional rocky ground – moderate. 2km
6. Cattle Trail to Lake for offroad work. 6km
7. Lunch – bike tyre repair.
8. Down Herb Trail to Perimeter Trail and around to old car park and return 10km.
9. Final trail down East Perimeter trail.
10. Finish and wrap up – Review of requirements.
Covid reference. https://www.nsw.scouts.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/CovidSupportGuide_04.VenturerScouts_V03_20211018.pdf